screammagazine.com
Scream Magazine - Norway's finest metal magazine: Forums

Scream Magazine :: View topic - Christian Mistress
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christian Mistress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Scream Magazine Forum Index -> Heavy Metal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

hva nå?
kul
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
kulest
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

Goatfog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:10 13    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Haunted Hunted" kan høres her.

http://christianmistress.bandcamp.com/releases

Virker svææææært lovende.
Marken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:41 17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Småartig låt, spesielt de siste par minutta. Fikk ikke helt bestemt meg for om den var bra eller såpass dårlig at den ble trivelig. "Powerhouse vocalist Christine Davis" - det var vel kanskje tidenes overdrivelse.
Handling skal vurderes.
Invictus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da må du sørge for å slenge med debuten i kurven i samme slengen og, Marken! Den er vel verdt en investering.
Marken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
Da må du sørge for å slenge med debuten i kurven i samme slengen og, Marken! Den er vel verdt en investering.

Yes, det som er planen.
Goatfog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:23 18    Post subject: Reply with quote

En ny låt, "Black Gold", finner en her:

http://n.pr/xRZz1E
Marken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 08    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
Marken wrote:
Vurderte handling ei stund, men nå som skiva er gammal er det uaktuelt.

Blåst innstillingen, herr Marken!
Kun flavour of the month som gjelder? Smile

Tok dette til etterretning og gikk til innkjøp. Bra saker jo. Tidvis helt greit, tidvis i toppklasse. Kule gitarer, tøff tromming, og til og med vokalen faller i smak. Bra kjøp, Marken!
Håper nye skiva har noen riff i samme stil som de som kommer utover i Omega Stone-låta.

Nye skiva er forhåndsbestilt.
LeifK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tar en prat med Christine Davis en av de nærmeste dagene. Regner med resultatet kan leses i mars-utgaven av Scream.
LostParadise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hørtes smått trivelig ut det her.

Tar du med dette på hyttetur Marken, så jeg kan høre på det de har gitt ut før! Tror det blir handlings her.
Marken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 22    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostParadise wrote:

Tar du med dette på hyttetur Marken, så jeg kan høre på det de har gitt ut før! Tror det blir handlings her.

Yes! De har kun gitt ut en mini, men den skal slenges med.
LeifK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 18    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeifK wrote:
Tar en prat med Christine Davis en av de nærmeste dagene.

Forresten jævlig smart av meg å legge det til klokka ni i kveld. En fotballkamp jeg er en smule interessert i rundt de tider.
Stian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 19    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Amatør.
Joakim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:11 20    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeifK wrote:
LeifK wrote:
Tar en prat med Christine Davis en av de nærmeste dagene.

Forresten jævlig smart av meg å legge det til klokka ni i kveld. En fotballkamp jeg er en smule interessert i rundt de tider.

"Could you talk about the new album for 45 minutes?"
LeifK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha!
Invictus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:06 16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Album Review
Score 9
Written by Dan Obstkrieg
Published on 2/16/2012
This review has been kicking my ass for weeks now. Not entirely unheard of, to be sure, but this time around it’s proved a pretty damnable little dilemma because I know exactly how I feel about this new Christian Mistress album. I love it. I love it to little bitty pieces. If I was a four-year old, I would build a makeshift cage for Possession in my bedroom and feed it and hug it and sing it songs and probably accidentally kill it by forgetting to give it enough water but I would love it so hard in that perfect way that only children can love things.

You see, the problem is that every time I sit down and attempt to jumble a few of my words into gaudy and overblown sentences about this Christian Mistress record, I just end up getting that glazed-over look like I’ve sat in something warm but decided that I like it. You might call it the crumbling of the critical edifice; you might call it goddamn rock and roll. Possession brings its manifold jams so presently that I can’t seem to get an adequate distance. You’re either with the record - in the record, really - or you’re miles away.

Nevertheless, a few observations escape the album’s orbit. The game plan is still NWOBHM, through and through, so as you listen you’ll undoubtedly hear nods to Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, early Judas Priest, Angel Witch, and so on. But then again, the swagger of “Conviction” could be by way of Van Halen just as easily as Motörhead, so it’s no hopelessly narrow constellation of influences that inform this exhilarating riot.

Christian Mistress’s vocabulary of musical extremity doesn’t even really extend to where NWOBHM’s spindly, working-class roots first tasted the fire and spite of thrash’s nascency. In practical terms, this means that the band exists primarily in a world of licks, not riffs. The songs are dominated by diverse but supremely self-assured rhythmic flourishes, from various speeds of swagger to the shimmy of “Pentagram and Crucifix” and the chugging swing of “The Way Beyond.” Christian Mistress struts, but deservedly so.

The nine songs of Possession are bathed in a glorious, cat-stretched-out-in-a-sun-beam-ingly warm analog production. Each instrument breathes and hums, and each sounds like itself. It’s a sad commentary that one must applaud so loudly when a drum simply sits there sounding like a drum, but there it is. Even though Possession offers ample opportunity for each member of the band to display a crackling instrumental prowess, what most impresses is how they function as a unit, bassist Johnny Wulf and drummer Reuben Storey shifting with worn-in fluidity from tempo to tempo, and guitarists Ryan McClain and Oscar Sparbel skipping from devilishly catchy dual leads to fiery solo trade-off sections.

If there’s any notable change between Agony & Opium and Possession that might give a few fans of the raw and reckless debut album pause, it’s that Possession feels a bit more comfortable in its own skin. It’s ever so slightly laid-back where the debut was hard-charging; it burns slow rather than riding any lightning; where Agony & Opium was a rubber-burning hell-ride fleeing the police, Possession is the sun-drenched cruising speed once you’ve crossed the border.

Christine Davis’s vocals are every bit as husky and street-gritty as ever, like stale smokes and the casual threat of a knife fight. The album’s title track is the best showcase for her vocals, which do some nice double-tracked self-harmonizing throughout. Rather curiously, the title track is actually a cover of the b-side to a 1986 single by the reasonably obscure Swedish band Faith, but it is nevertheless an impossibly catchy tune with a fist-pumping gang-shout chorus. In what serves as a crucial indicator for Christian Mistress’s loving attention to detail and fidelity to the style of metal that clearly moves them, apart from the slightly uncharacteristic Sabbath swing riff that opens the tune, you’d have no problem at all convincing even the most anal-retentive of listeners that “Possession” is anything but an original, which demonstrates that even though Christian Mistress is mining a well-worn style, they’ve got far more at their disposal than the biggest names, the fanciest cars, the cheapest of gimmicks.

So, while the roughs may be smoother, the warmths are richer, the richnesses deeper, the depths boundless. Possession’s second half ratchets up the energy anyway, so go jump in a lake with your whining, yeah? “Black to Gold” has got a midsection that just effortlessly kicks all kinds of ass before slipping back into a rollicking main lick, while “There is Nowhere” is probably the closest to Agony & Opium’s “Omega Stone,” opening with a dense web of overlapping acoustics before Davis ushers in a foot-stamping, chest-thumping, pistol-waving second movement by spitting the words “Well, I had a vision, deep in my head / That we were laughing as we met our death” with a fierce conviction. Still, my nomination for Most Bad-Ass (Baddest-Ass?) Lyric Of The Year comes from the album’s first single “Haunted Hunted,” in which Davis quite matter-of-factly claims “I am death, you are the vulture; / Sinew, flesh, and bone, my altar.” But there’s no bluster, no posture – the guitars lay way back on Storey’s immaculately calm boogie and shuffle beats, and Davis is just telling it like it is. Sinew, flesh, and bone. Five folks, one room, no bullshit: this is heavy metal.

I am not currently wearing a hat, but if Possession doesn’t claw its way toweringly high and mightily close to the top of the heap come year end, I will find a hat, and I will eat that hat. If you are one of those colossally stodgy folks who’d rather whine about retro this or throwback that, I have two things to say to you. Well, three, really. First: fuck you. Second: does it ever bother you, being sad all the time? And third: the question is not now nor should it ever be “Were you there?” but rather “Are you here?” So, friend, be here now.

Må bare si at forventningene begynner å bli høye her nå!
Marken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skiva ble sendt fra Relapse i går, så da bør den vel være på plass i løpet av ei ukes tid.
Debuten har fått mange runder. Venter i spenning på den nye.
Tyrion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dette var gode nyheter! Liker skiva og sjuern godt. Jævlig fett cover og! Er det noen distroskaller her inne som tar inn? Satser på unborn-o-rama! Har så jævlig dårlig erfaring med å bestille vinyl fra Relapse...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrion wrote:
Dette var gode nyheter! Liker skiva og sjuern godt. Jævlig fett cover og! Er det noen distroskaller her inne som tar inn? Satser på unborn-o-rama! Har så jævlig dårlig erfaring med å bestille vinyl fra Relapse...

Er LPn ute, eller er det kun cd foreløpig?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 10    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
Tyrion wrote:

Er LPn ute, eller er det kun cd foreløpig?

Spør du meg så spør jeg deg. Er så vant til å kjøpe vinyl at jeg bare regner med at det er det folk snakker om Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:12 11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lp-utgaven slippes samtidig:

http://www.relapse.com/search_result.php?search_by=all&q=christian+mistress&x=0&y=0
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marken wrote:
Lp-utgaven slippes samtidig:

http://www.relapse.com/search_result.php?search_by=all&q=christian+mistress&x=0&y=0

Allright. Takker.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Scream Magazine Forum Index -> Heavy Metal All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: