screammagazine.com
Scream Magazine - Norway's finest metal magazine: Forums

Scream Magazine :: View topic - Swallow the Sun
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swallow the Sun
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Scream Magazine Forum Index -> Doom / Gothic Metal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BornTooLate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yngve wrote:
Rå versjon av Candlemass Samarithan...

Er det ikke Solitude de covrer?
Stian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:15 18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo.
yngve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:25 18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velg:

a) Hold kjeft, jeg tar ikke feil

b) Ops, sorry

c) Kanskje jeg innerst inne hadde ønsket Samarithan

Min framtid er lys og lang
og rekker bakom tidens tvang
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Opeth82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:11 00    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Smile
Invictus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:33 04    Post subject: Reply with quote

29.12.2011 | Source: bravewords.com

Finnish doom metallers SWALLOW THE SUN have announced a pre-listening session for their forthcoming new album, Emerald Forest And The Blackbird, at Bar Bakkari in Helsinki, Finland on Thursday, January 12th, 2012 at 8 PM.

Swallow The Sun recently announced that Emerald Forest And The Blackbird, as well as the band's 2009 release, New Moon, will both be released on vinyl on February 1st, 2012 via Svart Records.

Emerald Forest will be released as a gatefold double LP on green vinyl (limited to 400 copies) and white vinyl (200 copies). The long-awaited New Moon vinyl release will be a single LP with a special manilla sleeve limited to 500 copies.

Further details to follow

Swallow The Sun recently announced details for their fifth full length album, Emerald Forest And The Blackbird. According to a press release, the album "features ten tracks of the trademark Swallow The Sun sound of gloom, beauty and despair."

The tracklist is as follows:

'Emerald Forest And The Blackbird'
'This Cut Is The Deepest'
'Hate, Lead The Way'
'Cathedral Walls' (featuring NIGHTWISH's Anette Olzon)
'Hearts Wide Shut'
'Silent Towers'
'Labyrinth Of London (Horror Pt. IV)'
'Of Death And Corruption'
'April 14th'
'Night Will Forgive Us'

"I found myself listening to an old Finnish lullaby called 'Sininen Uni' over and over again, and suddenly images started pouring into my mind of a dad reading a tale to his dying child, trying to explain where the child is going that night, the tale of Emerald Forest and the Blackbird," says Juha Raivio, the main songwriter.

"Finally this image lead me into a long journey through this night and got me trapped in the limbo between the dusk and the dawn. The place where you face your demons and angels, meet the souls of the ones you loved and lost. Will we walk the night forever, or let the night forgive us and let us say a last goodbye? These are songs from the limbo, notes of sorrow, hate, love, darkness and light. The tale of Emerald Forest and the Blackbird."

Anette Olzon of Nightwish fame is featured on 'Cathedral Walls'. Her recognizable voice gives the song the depth and the angelic character it demands.

"When I got to listen to the rough demo of 'Cathedral Walls' I fell in love with the song immediately and I was so honoured to be asked to sing on this song. The melody and lyrics are truly beautiful,"comments Olzon.

In addition, Aleah Stanbridge of TREES OF ETERNITY - whose ethereal voice is familiar from our previous works - is also featured on two tracks.

The album was recorded during September and October 2011 by Mikko Karmila (NIGHTWISH, AMORPHIS and CHILDREN OF BODOM) at Drumforest Studios in Viitasaari and Sonic Pump 2 in Helsinki and by Hannu Honkonen at Noisework Studios in Helsinki.

Emerald Forest And The Blackbird was mixed by Hiili Hiilesmaa, known for his work with HIM, APOCALYPTICA, AMORPHIS and MOONSPELL.

The album will be mastered by Mika Jussila (Nightwish, Amorphis, Sentenced, etc.) at Finnvox Studios. The artwork is once again made by Rami Mursula, whose imagery sets the perfect mood for the album.

Emerald Forest And The Blackbird will be released February 1st, 2012 by Spinefarm Records.
Opeth82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gleder meg stort!
Invictus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samme her, ja! Kan fort bli en av årets høydare denne her. Debuten og New Moon er forøvrig favorittene.
sumostig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:43 01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Morning Never Came er ganske bra, men etter der har det gått fort nedover. Ingenting etter debuten er verdt å eie.
Harvestritual

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 06    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Ekstremt fett band!
2: Selv om det bare er en EP, så er Plague of Butterflies noe av det beste jeg har hørt, melodiene, stemninga og historien er magisk!
3: Har trua på den nye skiva, men synes det er passe småkjett at Nightwish-dama er med på en sang.
Opeth82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvestritual wrote:
Nightwish-dama er med på en sang.

Confused
Opeth82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 16    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1.php/2012/01/05/premiere-swallow-the-sun-unveil-the-video-to-cathedral-walls
Nash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu synger i alle fall bedre enn på nye Nightwish-skiva Smile! Faen som jeg ser frem til å høre denne skiva. For et band. Blir forhåpentligvis et intervju med dem i kommende scream.
Harvestritual

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enig, høres ikke ut som Nightwish, så da er det greit. Synes dog hu dama som synger litt på New Moon-albumet er flinkere/passer mer inn i musikken. Noen som vet hva hun heter?
hateyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ble seriøst skremt når jeg leste Nighwish, men heldigvis låter det like bra som vanlig. Knallert
War Pig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Var ikke overstadig begeistra over Emerald Forest and the Blackbird helt med en gang, men nå begynner den jaggu å sette seg. Må få handla inn mer av dette bandet.
hateyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganske snill skive, men skal alikevel innrømme at jeg syns den er bra.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Scream Magazine Forum Index -> Doom / Gothic Metal All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: